Dell’s Best laptop for gaming under 500: The Inspiron 15 5000
The Dell Inspiron 15 5000 is hands down the best laptop for gaming under 500 from the longtime computer manufacturer dell. When it comes to hardware specs and the insides of the laptop, the Inspiron 500 features a very potent 5th generation Intel Core i5-5200U which runs at a clock speed of 2.20 GHz. In addition, The Inspiron 15 comes with 8GB of DDR3 ram and has a massive 1TB really hard drive for storage. Despite having a fairly low resolution at 720p, the laptops best feature is in its backlit LED display which is pure eye candy. The laptop has some other minor features unique to its own such as a backlit keyboard, SD card reader and headphone output option. The combination of a strong processor, high memory, good quality dfisplay and multiple other minor features make this the best laptop for gaming under 500 from Dell.
- Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz
- 8GB DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
- 1 Terabyte 5400 rpm
- Intel HD 4400
- 15.6 inches
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 7.6 pounds
The I5 processor featured in the dell laptop is fairly powerful and can handle quite a bit when it comes to gaming
- The LED display is very high quality and rivals many other higher priced laptops in the market.
When the laptop was pushed and stressed, it did not heat up like some of the other similar laptops
- 8Gigs of Ram is a very good addition and helps quite a bit when it comes to gaming performance
The Large 1TB storage is another good feature. Storage will not be an issue especially for gaming.
- Very Little Manufacturer Bloatware was found inside this feature.
The backlit keyboard is a very good addition which gives the laptop a high-quality look.
- Battery life is not very good for this laptop. We got around 3 hours with this laptop.
- When comparing it to some of the other similar laptops, it is on the heavy side at 7.6 pounds.
- The touchscreen that is features with this laptop was unresponsive at times.
- The integrated intel HD 4400 is not the greatest when it comes to gaming performance
The Inspiron 15 5000 from dell has straight up impressed us and performed very well dispute the cheap price and hardware restrictions. When testing some of the last generation games like Team Fortress 2 and Skyrim, we managed to get a fairly decent performance out of this laptop which can be accredited it to the I5 processor. The touchscreen LED display technology is where this laptop really shines as it is built beautifully. This is hands down the best laptop for gaming under 500 from Dell and solid purchase for those looking for an affordable gaming laptop. Expect to run last generation games around the medium range and current generation games around the low mark.
- Price 85%
- Specs 84%
- Build Quality 86%
- Battery Life 82%
- Screen Quality 83%
- Gaming Performance 85%
- Overall Rating 85%